Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Perils of Ginny

I've been neglecting my blog of late. Like the beautiful, though silent, Pearl White I've been tied up for the last few weeks. Well, metaphorically anyway.
A series of 11+ appeal process, work, and illness culminated last week with me being laid up with a bad back. For several days I was unable to sit for more than a few minutes at a time, leaving me with the options of pacing around endlessly or taking strong pills & sleeping. The latter seemed eminently more sensible.
Thankfully I'm now on the mend, sitting even as I type!
And, as I know you're dying to know, I didn't end up with a knackered back as a result of some dastardly, but handsome, man tying me to the railtracks (or the bed). No. Sadly it's very mundane. I foolishly insisted the children tidy up their bedroom & I picked up a couple of paperbacks from the floor.
How the mighty are fallen. Or felled.

7 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

She returneth!
Well done x

4:04 pm  
Blogger Mine is a Gin said...

Thanks, fjl!

10:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're mending! Although I like the handsome man tying you to the rails scenario better.

5:07 pm  
Blogger Mine is a Gin said...

Ah well, I live in hope Neil!

12:38 am  
Blogger WDKY said...

I bet... I reckon you've been falling asleep sitting up again. Wish you better, Ginny x

8:18 am  
Blogger WDKY said...

PS Hope the appeals are going well!!

8:18 am  
Blogger Mine is a Gin said...

Now you know I save that particular party trick for special occasions, wdky!

9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home