Sunday, February 26, 2006

Were I a cloud...

This morning on my lazy trawl around the web I came across this site which will generate a word cloud from your blog, and even print it on a t-shirt for you. I love it. It somehow fits in with my feelings about today.
I like Sundays. I get up late, wander downstairs for the paper and head back to my coccoon to forget about everything that needs dealing with. Today, whatever it is can wait.
I have a lazy, self-indulgent day then cook a big roast dinner in the evening. The children (sometimes reluctantly, sometimes with enthusiasm) are roped in to help prepare the vegetables and set the table. Sunday dinner is an important ritual, part of the cement that holds together the simple structure of my family. Then we make ready for the onslaught of another hectic week.
I wish you all a peaceful Sunday and a good week ahead.

9 Comments:

Blogger WDKY said...

I can't imagine your girls doing anything reluctantly. Well, okay, I can.

5:30 pm  
Blogger WDKY said...

By the way, what a fantastic idea... I'm having a t-shirt made!!

7:32 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

Wow attractive but £9.00 is abit expensive.

11:25 pm  
Blogger Mine is a Gin said...

wdky - are you going to edit some of the words?!

fjl - it is attractive isn't it. But £9 for something I won't wear out because I keep my blog's whereabouts to myself is a little more than I want to spend too.

Great idea though

10:48 pm  
Blogger WDKY said...

Actually, Ginny, I was surprised that mine was so tame. It didn't mention "blow job" once, which is almost inexplicable.

7:23 am  
Blogger Mine is a Gin said...

Neil - it's because, despite my mild exterior, I'm actually a complete madwoman.

wdky - what do you mean "almost"? ;-)

7:15 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

Have had a Ginny day today, wondering whether all is over! Afew tears of anger . Thought I'd pop over to greet thee and make sure you're still plentifully here :-) I can completely sympathise as per how you got to feeling like you did the other day but if we're defeatist they win. Over on the poetry blog which you can access from my blogroll, there's a Christina Rosetti, which sums it up.

4:24 pm  
Blogger Mine is a Gin said...

fjl - hope you're feeling better. Life does have a habit of throwing these things at us! And thanks for the Rossetti link.

10:59 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

Ginny I had a thought. I notice you're in a very similar life position to me, sociable, and ...drinking just as much. I've been calling myself a social drinker for ages, fussy about my wine etc. (like you) but last night, I looked at the bottle (empty) beside the wine glass, and made myself ask myself afew questions. The sadness and mood we were describing IS suggestive of withdrawal. Not to get dramatic, but we know the risks. It might be one of the most socially acceptable social states there is, but the Fact is, it's made from fermenting yeast, and it can put us out of joint. I am going to confront it in my life. What you describe sounds the same. If you went into the Doctors' with it out of your blood for afew days, then the tests won't have picked it up. Many more people are dependant than people realise. mmmmmmm! What will I do though for some guaranteed lightness and relief! :0) ( red nose)

7:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home